Friday, March 21, 2008
The day of LOOOOVE
We had such a good (and kind of bad) valentines day this year. When I got up in the morning Derek presented me with a gorgeous gardenia plant for our front porch and a cute valentine. MMMmmm, gardenia blossoms smell so delicious it's intoxicating. He even wrote me the sweetest love letter. It was so sweet and thoughtful! Work went by quickly and on my lunch break I went home to work on my valentine surprise for Derek...but...on the way home traffic was crazy and at one point everyone slammed on their breaks and I couldn't stop, I rear-ended someone. Sad on valentines huh. Luckily I didn't do any damage to the car I hit or the guy in it. He didn't even want my information and we left quickly enough that no cops came so I wasn't sited with a ticket. This was the first wreck that has ever been my fault, it was a fluke! There was really nothing I could do. Our car unfortunately did have some damage. I was sure I had spoiled the day. I called Derek's work several times to tell him what happened and couldn't get a hold of him so I finally decided to just not tell him until I gave him his fun surprises so he could at least enjoy them. I had a treasure hunt planned and everything and I just didn't want the night to be a complete bomb. I didn't have to go back to work so I got everything ready and waited for Derek to come home. The treasure hunt was a hit! Then very sheepishly I spilled the bad news. I couldn't hold back the tears, they poured out! Derek, the best husband in the world wasn't even a little mad or disappointed in me or anything. He felt so bad that I had held it in all day and he told me it was okay and we would take care of it. He's the BEST!!! He's seriously the most patient person ever! So after that whole drama he took me out to dinner at one of my favorite places, AND he gave me another gardenia plant. Can't have too much of a good thing! We had so much fun together, it was a super heart day. Once again...we didn't take any pictures, we're lame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment