
Unfortunately on our trip home we hardly took any pictures at Derek's house, probably because we just let his mom do it. She is sending us a CD with pictures of our time spent there but for now we mostly just have pictures of Christmas at my house. We had a really good Christmas with both families. It was soooo fun to see everyone and just be able to relax with them and enjoy the holidays. Everyone was so good to us, we were well taken care of. We ate TONS of really good food, watched movies, talked a lot, played some games, and much more I assure you. Derek's mom even let me pick out fabric to make a quilt for Lily and I got the whole front sewn while I was there. Derek's sister, Marissa, and I spent the whole day sewing together, it was so much fun. We have plans to make it a Christmas tradition. Marissa is having her second baby in May...we're hoping it's a girl but either way we're way glad Lily will have a little cousin her age to play with. Marissa looked so cute still tiny and freshly pregnant. Anyway, I'll have to post pictures of the quilt when it's all finished. We got to enjoy tons of snow and cold weather which was a treat. I miss normal winters. We got back to Houston and it was over 70 degrees - crazy! The stinky news of the trip was that after we booked our flights Derek found out he didn't have to be back to work till tonight (the 4th) instead of the 31st. So we tried changing our flights to stay those extra days instead of coming home on the 30th, but it was fiddy billion dollars to change them so we had to come back to lonely Houston for New Years and D's birthday, not cool!
The unofficial Christmas morning at Derek's house.
Because we were going to my parents house in Boise for the actual 25th we had "christmas day" at the harpers before we left. It was way fun! I'm so lucky Derek has such a great family, I love them and appreciate them so much!!
This was one of the highlights, something you would only see in Idaho (okay maybe in Montana or Wyoming too). Some farmers were moving their cows to a different pasture so here they are, a tons of them, just walking down the road headed to their new home. This was on the street right in front of Derek's house. It was hilarious. I love Idaho!
These are some pictures with my family. The kids were so cute and sweet! I wish we lived closer to everyone. This was the first time my family has been all together in a couple years so it was a real treat!
This is the whole group, the best picture we could get with the camera timer.
Us girls after a quick walk around the block to get some fresh air. I have the best sisters and sisters in law in the world!
It was such a good Christmas! The end.
It was such a good Christmas! The end.
2 comments:
I Love Your Freaking GUTS! It was so nice to see you. I did have the camera but we were slackers!
k. so you have got to be one of the CUTEST lil pregnant girls ever!!! (and i love your hair) christmas looked fun... i've gotta tell ya, i am looking forward to reading all about LILY here pretty soon!...you guys are in for a title wave of SO much love...congrats!
Post a Comment