Saturday, April 4, 2009

the outing

On Friday derek, me, lily and our friends rebecca and adam took a little road trip to
Brenham TX
for a nice little outing.

We went to the famous Blue Bell icecream factory.
Best part: we got free hats
We went on a nice little tour. We even got a free scoop of icecream at the end.
One scoop wasn't enough for us so we got another scoop before we left for only $1!
Best kind: Carmel Turtle Fudge
Then we went to main street and looked at some little shops - we of course were lame and forgot to take any pictures there. I got a cute little bag for diapers and stuff.

After a little browsing we headed back to houston.
The fun didn't end there.
We made three stops on our way back to Houston.
1. Derek, Adam and Rebecca had to have some famous Chappel Hill Sausage.
Let me say this...sausage in a bun and barbeque sauce. yuck!
Of course Derek would disagree. He loved it.
2. Jerky stop: Mesquite pepper, jalapeno, and peppered beef jerky.
Salty.
3. Pictures in the blue bonnet fields. Texas is famous for their blue bonnet wild flowers that grow everywhere. They are soooooooo pretty. We had to do a photo op with lily.

She was cute.

The end.

















9 comments:

aSHleY said...

Fun times in Houston. I can't believe how much she has changed. She is such a mush. Miss you.

Neil and Courtney Anne said...

So fun! You should check out the books "The Legend of the Bluebonnet" and "The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush" by Tomie De Paola. I really enjoyed those as a kid growing up in Texas. Plus, Tomie De Paola's illustrations are just awesome!

Marissa said...

Cute, cute. We can't wait to see you guys and Ikey can't wait to see his new little cousin. She is getting so big, and I love how her feet are chubby...that's the best.

Lindsay said...

oh so cute Lilly in the blue bonnets. I love thoes pics. You look amazing for just having a baby!

The Larrabees said...

my gosh!! she is changing so fast, she looks so beautiful! the pictures are great Talane. Cute sling!! where did you get it ?? ;)
and the headband.... adorable!!! Ms Lily is the cutest baby ever!!!

Rebecca said...

That was SO FUN! The pictures turned out GREAT! You guys are the best. I especially like the one where lily's little tongue is barely poking out!

Ashley Schill said...

I'm so glad you guys got to see the wildflowers and go to the Blue Bell Factory! Sounds like a fun day. Weren't the flowers gorgeous?! You guys look so great in your cute family picture, and I LOVE lily's big bow. Seriously adorable photos of her in the flowers!

Andrew said...

she is a doll and you are looking so darling! congrats on the sweet little one...and i LOVE her name!

sage's blog said...

love the family photos