Surprise! Derek got really sick this weekend and now he doesn't have his appendix any more! (Is appendix spelled the same when speaking about the organ?) Yesterday morning he woke up in a lot of pain and it continued to get worse and worse as the day went on. He started feeling nauseous and chilled and the pain got so bad we finally took him to the emergency room. They did some tests and decided to do surgery for an appendicitis. He went under last night and stayed at the hospital today until about 20 minutes ago when I was able to go and get him and bring him home.
It was lonely in bed without him last night. Lily was looking all over for him when she woke up this morning.
Can I just say I have some really really great friends here! So many people came to my rescue this weekend. They were so nice to watch Lily and bring me dinner. I am so so so thankful for everyone! Everyone was SO willing to help. Thank you!!! I really feel so blessed.
Derek is doing well. He's sore, but good. He's tough. I'm really glad he's home!
I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:
Ugh that is so miserable! Hopefully that stops all the trips to the hospital because of intense pain. So glad you have people to take care of you!
We are thinking of you guys! Poor Derek. I agree with Heather. I hope that ends the mystery of all his pain.
And to think I just thought you were faking it all along. hahahah Glad you finally took some medical advise and now you have a scar to show for it. Get well soon! Wish we could be there to help out. Tosh
oh my goodness that is so scary!! We are so happy Derek is ok. Tell Derek nice hospital gown!
Hope you keep feeling better Derek!
Post a Comment