Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's impossible for me to stay indoors.

My house is a disaster. My bathroom is not only a mess, but it's actually dirty. That's gross. But, for some reason I can't bring myself to stay inside these days, not even long enough to do the chores I usually do without fail. It's becoming a problem really. But not a big enough problem for me to stop going out. Maybe in the next few days the bathroom with be disgusting enough for me to take serious measures. We'll see.

I feel like a lot has been going on, but unfortunately I haven't been taking any pictures of the recent happenings. A couple of Saturdays ago two of my friends and I took a day trip up to New York, CHILDLESS. It was tons of fun. Like a loser, I didn't even pull my camera out once. We kind of counted on Sarah to take all the pictures, and hopefully one day she'll send them all to me. We did the touristy climb up the Empire State building to peer over it's edge. It was definitely worth doing at least once. It was amazing. You really can't fathom how HUGE New York City is until you've seen it yourself, it's incredible really. We walked around a ton, visited Central Park, ate some delicious mexican food, and stopped at not only one, but two bake shops. The first was for cookies, the second for cupcakes. The cupcakes definitely trumped all. They were sinfully delicious! It really was such a good day.

Lily and I have been out on lots of walks, we've been to a few parks, and we've been doing a lot of squirrel, bird and dog watching. We even went to the zoo the other day with friends, (something I never do, don't ask why). It really is amazing seeing the giraffes and lions and everything. One of the mama monkeys had just had a little baby too. It was soooo cute seeing her carry it around with her everywhere. Lily loved it all too, but mostly I think she loved running around with our friends that we went with. We actually took our camera, but realized we were out of batteries when we got there. Lame.

Today we went to this orchard/park place with some friends. Lily loved running around acting like she was invincible. She really is fearless, which is good AND bad. We had so much fun that when D got home from school we took him to check it out too. We got a few treats from the cute market and played out on the playground for a while with Lilypants. They had a bunch of turkeys and chickens too and two little lambs that Lily adored. Again, we should have taken our camera, but didn't.

The latest news is we're moving home for the summer. We're starting to get really excited to be near our families again, a luxury we rarely get to enjoy. Anyway, now that I've rambled on FOREVER I'll end. Here are a few pictures of Lily for those who are dying to see her.




It's a bad sign, she's already in the love the phone.

This is her laying in the sun coming in through the window.




This girl LOVES avacados, but yesterday she didn't want to eat the little bits I cut up for her, she wanted to eat it straight. So I had to cut the skin off part of it and she dug in.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Lily is so adorable...since you guys will be closer, we should meet up this summer and let the girls meet! Aisley loves cell phone too. She also loves credit cards! We've got a problem...

Tosha said...

Da-Dorable!! She loves to lay in the sun, she loves avacados and the piano. . .a girl after my own heart! Can't wait to kiss those cheeks and hug that cute little body. Have her give me a call on the phone so we can make plans for the summer. Can't wait! Tosh

Neil and Laura Harper said...

What a nice update!! Can't wait to see all of you and have some playdays with Lily.
If I had all those great places to visit I think I would be outdoors too. We did get a couple days of great weather....now we are enjoying rain. I think the sun and heat are just waiting for all of you to arrive! We better plan some FUN!
LOVE YOU