I started a fire in the kitchen. Thankfully it wasn't serious, but it was hilarious. I accidentally left one of the stove burners on and had set my oven mitt on it. I went into the dining room to check on my mixing bread and when I returned to the kitchen, the mitt and burner were on fire. I, to my surprise, calmly said, "oh there's a fire," and proceded in blowing on it - real smart I know, but for some reason that was my first reaction. Luckily Derek swooped in the put the mitt under water. What a boy scout. And that was that. My first kitchen fire ever. And for the record, my bread DID NOT turn out. Shame.
Monday, January 25, 2010
It goes to show
One evening last week was especially busy. I had started making bread earlier in the day and needed to finish it that evening. While at the same time I was also making dinner AND trying to get lily fed and into bed for the night. I'm not going to lie, making bread is a big job for me by itself, so throw two other things in the mix and this is what you get...

I started a fire in the kitchen. Thankfully it wasn't serious, but it was hilarious. I accidentally left one of the stove burners on and had set my oven mitt on it. I went into the dining room to check on my mixing bread and when I returned to the kitchen, the mitt and burner were on fire. I, to my surprise, calmly said, "oh there's a fire," and proceded in blowing on it - real smart I know, but for some reason that was my first reaction. Luckily Derek swooped in the put the mitt under water. What a boy scout. And that was that. My first kitchen fire ever. And for the record, my bread DID NOT turn out. Shame.
I started a fire in the kitchen. Thankfully it wasn't serious, but it was hilarious. I accidentally left one of the stove burners on and had set my oven mitt on it. I went into the dining room to check on my mixing bread and when I returned to the kitchen, the mitt and burner were on fire. I, to my surprise, calmly said, "oh there's a fire," and proceded in blowing on it - real smart I know, but for some reason that was my first reaction. Luckily Derek swooped in the put the mitt under water. What a boy scout. And that was that. My first kitchen fire ever. And for the record, my bread DID NOT turn out. Shame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's so hard to multitask some times! I have some great bread recipes that are pretty easy because they're no knead. Let me know if you want to check 'em out. I love making bread, it makes me feel so domestic! (Those aprons you've been making a really cute!)
that made my night!!! and the bread was awesome!!! we ate it all week mmmmm.......
I started a fire in the kitchen last week too. At least it made my boyfriend laugh. Love you Talane!
Post a Comment